Wednesday, April 10, 2013

// five


I recently came across Moorea Seal's 52 Lists project. It's a great 52 Week Project idea, and I do love lists (I've been on Listography for years), so I thought I would do this week's list.

List Your Childhood & Current Dream Jobs
As a kid I wanted to be:
- an artist
- a cartoonist
- a photographer
- an English or History teacher
- an editor
- a lawyer
- a professional soccer player (like Alexi Lalas & Mia Hamm)
- a veterinarian (who owned tons of animals, on a ranch)
- an archaeologist like Indiana Jones
- a paleontologist like Alan Grant in Jurassic Park
I wanted to be a combination of these, too, like a soccer player who teaches and paints on the side.

When it came time to go to school for something specific, I still wasn't quite sure, but here's a few ideas:
- a photographer
- a travel writer/photographer
- something in advertising
- get a degree in history: work at a museum
- is professional traveler a job?
- an editor
- something in publishing
- something in computers (design? programming?)

As I got older, my ideas became more vague, because I honestly haven't the foggiest idea yet what I want to be when I grow up. I haven't finished school because I never could decide on a major, and at this point, perhaps I could learn on my own, but who knows. I don't even know what I will be doing, or where I will be, this time next year, so I suppose, there's tons of possibilities just waiting, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment