Saturday, June 15, 2013

// sixteen

My wonderful clumsiness kicked in on a very rainy Monday last week. I was meeting my dad and brother to get some paperwork done for residency stuff, and slipped on some tile stairs in my non-grip, keds-style shoes and landed on my backside while managing to smack my elbow. It didn't feel good, but I was fine, though I was sure to have bruises later. We get to the lawyer's office and I think to check out my throbbing elbow - turns out I'd been bleeding pretty badly for 5 minutes. Now, I have no problem with blood, so I was just like, oh, well, oopsie. But bleeding that much combined with not having eaten in 15 hours made me pass out and it freaked out some people, so an ambulance was called. My blood pressure can get wonky when I'm ill, and apparently it chose then to go all crazy so I had to have a shot to stabilize it. At least the doc was nice about my ridiculous, anxious dislike of needles (yes, an actual doctor came with the ambulance, that's pretty cool), and not bad to look at, to boot. Anyway, I ended up having to get a couple of stitches (I've never had stitches before!), and bruises showed up by the next morning, so I basically spent a couple days being a lump in pain. My elbow still gets a little stiff using it too much, it takes forever to get comfortable, but I get the stitches out in a few days. I think I'll have a nice little scar.

So that was my adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment