Saturday, June 29, 2013

// nineteen

Week 21: Favorite songs - Moorea Seal's 52 Lists project

I haven't been keeping up with this project at all, but I couldn't resist making this list. Most songs are songs I've loved for a very long time, and a few are current favorites. My dad used to quiz my brother and I on music when we were kids: a song would come on the radio and he'd say: 'QUICK who is this?' So the majority of the older songs are favorites because of Dad (except Kansas, they were a fave of my mom's!). Dad likes to put an album on and blare it throughout the house while cleaning, so we heard a lot of albums on repeat. The first cd I ever got of my own was the Swing Kids soundtrack which I used to take to school with me so I could play it in the band room after school (I was a cool little drummer girl from 4th grade until 7th). I tried not to make this list go on forever, I really did.

  • Hey Jude - The Beatles
  • Eleanor Rigby - The Beatles
  • Blackbird - The Beatles
  • Come Pick Me Up - Ryan Adams
  • Desire - Ryan Adams
  • What A Wonderful World - Louis Armstrong
  • At Last - Etta James
  • Shout & Feel It - Count Basie
  • It Don't Mean A Thing (If It Ain't Got That Swing) - Billy Banks
  • Sing, Sing, Sing (With A Swing) - The Benny Goodman Orchestra
  • Happy Together - The Turtles
  • Fly Me To The Moon- Frank Sinatra
  • Come Fly With Me - Frank Sinatra
  • Let's Stay Together - Al Green
  • Paint It Black - The Rolling Stones
  • You Can't Always Get What You Want - The Rolling Stones
  • Kashmir - Led Zeppelin
  • Ramble On - Led Zeppelin
  • Tommy - The Who
  • My Generation - The Who
  • Baba O'Riley - The Who
  • Carry On My Wayward Son - Kansas
  • Dust In The Wind - Kansas
  • Point Of Know Return - Kansas
  • Hush - Deep Purple
  • Simple Man - Lynyrd Skynyrd
  • Don't Fear (The Reaper) - Blue Oyster Cult
  • Saturday In The Park - Chicago
  • Hotel California - Eagles
  • Dream On - Aerosmith
  • Heroes - David Bowie
  • Your Song - Elton John
  • Go Your Own Way - Fleetwood Mac
  • Layla - Eric Clapton
  • For The Longest Time - Billy Joel
  • We Didn't Start The Fire - Billy Joel
  • Uptown Girl - Billy Joel
  • Jump - Van Halen (This was my first favorite song, ever. I used to dance around to it in my diapers when it came on MTV)
  • Come On Eileen - Dexy's Midnight Runners
  • Radioactive - Imagine Dragons
  • Bleeding Out - Imagine Dragons
  • A Praise Chorus - Jimmy Eat World
  • Polaris - Jimmy Eat World
  • Give Me Love - Ed Sheeran
  • Marchin' On - OneRepublic
  • Stop & Stare - OneRepublic
  • 3 x 5 - John Mayer
  • Be Still - The Fray
  • Look After You - The Fray
  • Set Fire To The Third Bar - Snow Patrol & Martha Wainwright
  • Bittersweet Symphony - The Verve
  • Bleeding Out - The Lone Bellow
  • Fix Me - 10 Years
  • White Blank Page - Mumford & Sons
  • After The Storm - Mumford & Sons
  • The Freshmen - The Verve Pipe
  • Hero - The Verve Pipe
  • Wreck Of The Day - Anna Nalick
  • Paperweight - Joshua Radin & Schuyler Fisk
  • This Year's Love - David Gray
  • Still Into You - Paramore
  • Fix You - Coldplay
  • To Build A Home - The Cinematic Orchestra
  • I'm Movin' On - Rascal Flatts
  • Skinny Love - Birdy
  • Hymn - Jars of Clay
  • Cheers Darlin' - Damien Rice
  • The Blower's Daughter - Damien Rice
  • Holding On & Letting Go - Ross Copperman
  • Your Love Is My Turning Page - Sleeping At Last
  • Poison & Wine - The Civil Wars
  • Titanium - David Guetta & Sia
  • Santa Monica - Everclear
  • Brown Eyed Girl - Everclear
  • Bittersweet - Ellie Goulding
  • Acoustic #3 - Goo Goo Dolls
  • This Boy - James Morrison
  • Home -Michael Buble
  • I Won't Give Up - Jason Mraz
  • I Will Follow You Into The Dark - Death Cab For Cutie
  • Someday - Death Cab For Cutie
  • Mexico - Jump, Little Children
  • Use Somebody - Kings of Leon
  • Born To Die - Lana Del Ray
  • Bleed It Out - Linkin Park
  • Turn The Page - Metallica
  • Nothing Else Matters - Metallica
  • Miss You Love - Silverchair
  • Uprising - Muse

No comments:

Post a Comment