Thursday, June 27, 2013

// eighteen

Living in a foreign country, there are some things you could easily get to, or things you could do, in the United States that aren't available to you anymore. I've been living in Ecuador for nearly 16 months, and there are some things I miss about the US.


  • Driving. Windows down, music up, going nowhere specific.
  • Cranberry-orange slushies at Sonic (fast food joint). Best summertime drink, hands down.
  • Shopping. I never thought I would say it, but I miss shopping! Being able to buy a new pair of jeans would be nice. I own one pair of pants that fit, and every single one of my tees have holes! And I really need some new shoes (I miss my Converse!); all this walking wears your shoes down quickly. (Clothes are one: too expensive here, and two: mostly too small. I've lost a lot of weight, but I'm still a lot taller than the average female here!)
  • Hanging out. Two moves ago, I had friends to hang out with at a moments notice. Heading out to Friday's for drinks after work, or meeting at Starbucks to chat for hours, or Happy Hour margaritas or taking a short road trip down to San Marcos for some shopping.
  • Friends. My best friends whom I haven't seen in 4+ years, my good friends in San Antonio, friends from here who have moved back to the States... I hope to be able to head back to the states (not sure if just to visit or another move?) and plan a road trip to visit everyone I can. We're all just so spread out now!
  • Food. Pop-tarts and Reese's and Chik Fil A (fast food) and Dr. Pepper and snack cakes and Cheerios and breakfast tacos... Ok, most of that is total shit, but my favorite food group is sugar. There's just so much we don't get here.
I'm sure, given time, I could think of more...

No comments:

Post a Comment