Thursday, April 4, 2013

// two



I want to go on a random midnight adventure. Speeding down back streets with all the windows open, hair blowing in my face, not bothering to turn up the music because the sound of the night is so peaceful and quiet and you just want to see if you can hear the owls hooting before you scare them away. I want to go to the park and swing on the swings, have a contest to see who can swing the highest and jump off the farthest, like we used to when we were kids. Spin around in circles, stare at the stars, and fall down on the grass because we're too dizzy to stand anymore. I want to go to an all-night diner and eat french fries and drink milkshakes, be those people in the back booth laughing so hard we cry, making other patrons wonder who we are and wish they could join us. I want to carve our names in the table and come back in 10 years to see if they're still there. I want to go on random midnight adventures until they aren't so random anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment