Saturday, April 27, 2013

// eleven

Another week, another list for Moorea Seal's 52 Lists project. This week is all about books! Yay! I can't even remember not reading when I was a kid. There are non-readers in my family and I just don't understand them. How can you not love to read? How can you not want to explore new worlds and meet new people, all through the words on a page? Insanity, I tell you. Because I have trouble choosing favorites (these are only the ones I can remember), I've categorized my list to make it easier.

Kid Favorites (the books I devoured when I was little that I would re-read now in a heartbeat)
The Boxcar Children series - Gertrude Chandler Warner
The Babysitter's Club series - Ann M. Martin
Encyclopedia Brown series - Donald J. Sobol
Thoroughbred series - Joanna Campbell
Sweet Valley everything - Francine Pascal
The China Garden - Liz Berry
The Chronicles of Narnia - C.S. Lewis

Series
The Lord of the Rings - J.R.R. Tolkien
The Hunger Games - Suzanne Collins
His Dark Materials - Philip Pullman
Girl's Guide to Witchcraft - Mindy Klasky
The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants - Ann Brashares
The Inheritance Cycle - Christopher Paolini
Harry Potter - J.K. Rowling
Percy Jackson & the Olympians - Rick Riordan
The Eve Duncan novels - Iris Johansen
Uglies - Scott Westerfeld
Sloppy Firsts - Megan McCafferty
Thursday Next - Jasper Fforde
Maximum Ride - James Patterson

Nonfiction
The Diary of Anne Frank
The Happiness Project - Gretchen Rubin

Fiction
Paper Towns - John Green
The Perks of Being a Wallflower - Stephen Chbosky
There's No Place Like Here - Cecelia Ahern
The Secret of Lost Things - Sheridan Hay
Austenland - Shannon Hale
Alice in Wonderland & Through the Looking Glass - Lewis Carroll
Her Fearful Symmetry - Audrey Niffenegger
The Thirteenth Tale - Diane Setterfield
The Pillars of the Earth - Ken Follett
The Historian - Elizabeth Kostova
Timeline - Michael Crichton
The Terror - Dan Simmons
The Stand - Stephen King
Sherlock Holmes - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Pride & Prejudice - Jane Austen
Pride & Prejudice & Zombies - Jane Austen & Seth Grahame-Smith
A Walk to Remember - Nicholas Sparks
My Name is Memory - Ann Brashares
Stay - Allie Larkin

No comments:

Post a Comment